5 Ways to Make Your Wardrobe More Sustainable
As consumers become more aware of the environmental impact of the fashion industry, sustainable fashion is gaining popularity. But what exactly is sustainable fashion, and how can you incorporate it into your wardrobe?
Sustainable fashion is about more than just eco-friendly materials. It also includes ethical and socially responsible production practices , as well as the longevity and versatility of the clothing. Here are 5 ways you can make your wardrobe more sustainable:
- Buy secondhand: One of the easiest ways to reduce your environmental impact is by shopping secondhand. You can find gently used clothes at thrift stores, consignment shops, and online marketplaces like Poshmark and Depop . Not only is this a more sustainable option, but it's also a great way to find unique, one-of-a-kind pieces.
- Invest in quality: Instead of buying cheap, fast fashion items that will fall apart after a few wears, consider investing in higher quality pieces that will last longer. Look for clothing made with durable materials and good construction, and take care of your clothes by washing and storing them properly.
- Shop from sustainable brands: Look for brands that prioritize sustainability in their production practices, such as using eco-friendly materials and implementing ethical labor practices. Many sustainable brands also have a focus on transparency, so you can feel good about supporting a company that is upfront about its practices.
- Repair and upcycle: Instead of throwing away clothes that are worn or stained, consider repairing or upcycling them. Simple repairs like replacing a broken zipper or patching a hole can extend the life of your clothes, and upcycling allows you to give old clothes new life by repurposing them into something new.
- Rent or borrow: If you only need an item for a special occasion or a short period of time, consider renting or borrowing it instead of buying it new. There are many clothing rental services available, or you can ask friends or family members if they have something you can borrow.
We at House of Supr have sustainability as our core. Learn how HOS is using custom , made to fit garment for sustainable fashion in here why custom